The FIFA Laws of the Game are the codified rules that help define Association Football. The laws are written and maintained by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) and published by the sport's governing body, FIFA. The laws outline the way in which the game is to be played.
The current Laws of the Game consist of 17 individual laws, each law containing several rules and directions. The 17 laws and their corresponding numbers are as follows:
- Law 1 - The Field of Play
- Law 2 - The Ball
- Law 3 - The Number of Players
- Law 4 - The Players’ Equipment
- Law 5 - The Referee
- Law 6 - The Assistant Referees
- Law 7 - The Duration of the Match
- Law 8 - The Start and Restart of Play
- Law 9 - The Ball In and Out of Play
- Law 10 - The Method of Scoring
- Law 11 - Offside
- Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct
- Law 13 - Free Kicks
- Law 14 - The Penalty Kick
- Law 15 - The Throw-In
- Law 16 - The Goal Kick
- Law 17 - The Corner Kick
Click Here to download the 2015/16 edition of the FIFA Laws of the Game.
The Blacktown Districts Soccer Football Assosiation uses modified laws for some BDSFA-sanctioned matches. The modified laws include The Ball, The Number of Players, The Players’ Equipment, The Duration of the Match, The Goal Kick and The Corner Kick. Please see members handbook for details of modified laws.
Click here to download the latest Members Handbook