Click here for MS Word copy
The Parent's Code is written from the aspect of spectating and may be used to impart the necessity of good behaviour to all spectators.
PARENT’S CODE OF CONDUCT
• I won’t pressure my child in any way – I know that this is their game not mine!
• I will not use bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators
• I will encourage my child to play within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions – no matter what
• I will teach my child to respect the efforts of their opponents
• I will remember that children learn best by example so I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child’s team and their opponents
• I will give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort
• I will focus on my child’s and their team’s efforts and performance – not the score
• I will thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time to conduct the event for my child
• I will volunteer my services and help when asked by a coach or official
• I won’t criticise or ridicule my child’s performance after the game – I realise that good fun is more important than a good win
• I will not arrive at the field intoxicated or drink alcohol at matches
• I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background.
I agree to abide by this code of conduct and to be subject to the rules and policies of the club/association.
This is my parent’s pledge.